How does the self-tapping screw perform? What is a self […]
How does the self-tapping screw perform?
What is a self-tapping screw? As its name implies, a tapping screw is simply a screw that can be tapped on its own. I found that many friends on the network are very concerned about what is the self-tapping screws. The difference between the self-tapping screws and general screws is that the general screws must have processed screw holes to be screwed in. Self-tapping screws are not needed, and tapping while tapping. In order to achieve its own purpose of tapping, such screws are generally pointed to facilitate the intrusion of objects to be screwed into.
1. Self-tapping screw is a kind of screw with a drill, through a special electric tool construction, drilling, tapping, fixing, locking completed once. Self-tapping screws are mainly used for the connection and fixation of some thin plate parts, such as the connection of color steel plate and color steel plate, and the connection of color steel plate and purlins, wall beams, etc. The penetrating ability is generally not more than 6mm, and the maximum is not more than 12mm.
2. Self-tapping screws are often exposed outdoors and have strong corrosion resistance. Their rubber seals can ensure that the screws are not water-permeable and have good corrosion resistance.
3. Self-tapping screws are suitable for use on wooden materials, which are often referred to as wood screws. It is generally manual operation. Due to manpower limitation, the screws are generally small and the scope of use is relatively narrow.
4. Self-tapping screws combine taps and bolts. The front is a tap and the back is a thread. In general softer materials, you can directly screw it in by drilling an empty space. The thread is tapped by the tap, and then the bolt thread is fastened. If the screw diameter is small, the material is also very soft. It is even possible not to punch first, such as screwing it into wood.
5. Self-tapping screws are usually described by three parameters: screw diameter series, thread length per inch, and screw length. There are two kinds of screw diameters, grade 10 and grade 12, and their corresponding screw diameters are 4.87mm and 5.43mm respectively; the number of threads per inch has three levels of 14, 16, 24, and the number of threads per inch of length is more. The stronger the drill capacity.